McDonald's All American Games “Behind the Scenes Fan Experience” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The McDonald's All American Games Behind the Scenes Fan Experience Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes”), brought to you by McDonald’s USA, LLC (the "Sponsor”), and is governed by these Official Rules. To enter, you must be a US resident, 18 years of age or older at the start of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate.
2. THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 10 a.m. CT on Saturday, January 17, 2015 and concludes 11:59 p.m. CT on February 17, 2015 ("Contest Entry Period").
3. TO ENTER: During the contest entry period, individuals that purchase at least one ticket to the 2015 McDonald’s All American Games via Ticketmaster.com (and not at the United Center box office or Ticketmaster office) prior to 11:59 p.m. CT on February 17, 2015 will automatically be entered for a chance to win the 2015 McDonald’s All American Game Behind the Scenes Fan Experience. Limit one entry per person. Sponsor will give ten (10) winners and one (1) guest of their choosing the following:
Access to the McDonald’s All American Games closed practice on Sunday, March 29 (time TBD) at Quest Multiplex in Chicago, IL
Fifteen (15) minutes of access to the McDonald’s All American Games media day on Tuesday, March 31 (time TBD) at [location]
Access to the entire McDonald’s All American Games closed scrimmage on Tuesday, March 31 (time TBD) at the United Center in Chicago, IL.
Each winner will also receive:
One (1) McDonald’s All American Games program
One (1) McDonald’s All American Games t-shirt
One (1) McDonald’s All American Games basketball
To participate without purchase (i.e., without purchase of a ticket via Ticketmaster.com), mail a card or piece of paper (legibly handwritten), including first and last name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code, age at time of entry, email address (if available) and daytime telephone number (for Prize winner contact) that you place in a #10 business sized envelope with first class postage affixed to: McDAAG Behind the Scenes Fan Experience Entry, c/o Tim Shaw, 875 N. Michigan Ave. (Suite 2600), Chicago, IL 60601. Mail-in requests must be postmarked by February 17, 2015 and received by the McDonald’s Redemption Center no later than February 24, 2015. (Do not send any questions to the above address.) Each request must be mailed in a separate stamped outer mailing envelope with the requestor’s first and last name, street address, city, state and ZIP code legibly hand printed in the upper left hand corner of the envelope. Each request will be entered for a chance to win the experience. Sponsor and Administrator assume no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, damaged, delayed or illegible entries or for postage due mail.
At the close of the contest entry period, the Sponsor will collect the list of individuals that purchased a ticket via Ticketmaster.com from Ticketmaster as well as the list of individuals that elected to participate without purchase via mail. Upon collecting this information, winners will be chosen at random using Random.org within one week of the end of the contest entry period. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email or mail within three (3) business days from the date of the random drawing and will have one (1) week to redeem or forfeit the prize. Winners will coordinate with the Sponsor on redeeming prize materials and the timing/logistics for the in-person events on Sunday March 29 and Tuesday, March 31.
5. PRIZE DETAILS, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: Prize: Ten (10) winners and one (1) guest will be granted access to the McDonald’s All American Games closed practice on Sunday, March 29 (timing of practice TBD) at Quest Multiplex in Chicago, IL, 15 minutes of the McDonald’s All American Games media day and the McDonald’s All American Games closed scrimmage on Tuesday, March 31 (timing of scrimmage TBD) at the United Center in Chicago, IL. ARV for closed practice, media day and closed scrimmage: $100. Additionally, each winner will receive one (1) McDonald’s All American Games program. ARV: $10.00, one (1) McDonald’s All American Games t-shirt. ARV: $11.00 and one (1) McDonald’s All American Games basketball. ARV: $12.95: Prize does not include travel expenses to/from Chicago, Illinois or accommodations. Winner must accept prize as specified by Sponsor and on dates designated by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize are based on the total number of eligible entries received. Individuals that purchased tickets via Ticketmaster are only entered once into the drawing, regardless on how many tickets he/she purchased.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, (b) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or Contest-related activities or use of the Video and (c) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements and the Entry for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
7. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: All Winners will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days after notification. If documents are not returned on a timely basis, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited. Taxes on a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
8. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason even if known in advance, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, or who attempt to participate with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
9. ARBITRATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes in the Territory (excluding Canada) each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against the Sweepstakes Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA (“Rules and Procedures”); (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by AAA pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Participant may have entered into in connection with the Game; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only the Participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) the Participant and Sponsor shall be entitled to recover punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages only to the extent permitted by law; (8) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD for claims less than $10,000 or $375 for claims greater than $10,000 but less than $75,000, and the Participant is unable (or not required under the applicable Rules and Procedures) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (9) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on AAA and/or AAA Rules and Procedures, Participants may visit the AAA Website at http://www.adr.org, or contact AAA AT 1633 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10019; OR BY EMAIL AT email@example.com.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, write your name and address on a 3”x5” card, and mail in first-class, stamped envelope to: McDAAG Behind the Scenes Fan Experience Entry, c/o Tim Shaw, 875 N. Michigan Ave. (Suite 2600), Chicago, IL 60601.
11. SPONSOR: McDonald’s USA, LLC, 2111 McDonald's Dr., Oak Brook, IL 60523. Do not send correspondence to this address.